BMW Motorrad now competing in the Bagger bike category with the ALL NEW K1600B
The All New K1600B is made to help BMW Motorrad fill all the gaps of all possible motorbike styles a potential buyer would want. With the Bagger category now being an area BMW Motorrad is competing in; it will not settle for any compromises. Hence the K1600 Platform was used as the base for the bagger.
Incase you didn’t realise the “B” in the K1600B name is for Bagger! The whole idea of the bagger bike started off from a concept sketch in 2015 which transformed into reality for the 2017 K1600B.
What makes the new bagger unique from BMW’s other motorbikes that come with saddle bags is that the bagger comes with the deep set side cases as part of the motorbike’s body rather than just being add ons.
The K1600B is based on the technology used in the BMW 6-cylinder tourer K 1600 GT, the new K 1600 B implements its spectacular backward sloping linear design with its own unique rear section. The design changes make the bagger look sleek and low slung. Also, due to the new rear frame the height of the passenger seat is notably lower.
The popular bagger scene based out of USA is associated with highway cruising and the freedom to conquer highway’s one mile at a time. The K1600B ensures that it can live up to and exceed the demands of a bagger rider with many features and technological capabilities.
The 2017 BMW K1600B Features:
- 6-cylinder in-line engine according to EU4 regulations with an output of 118 kW (160 hp) at 7 750 rpm and a maximum torque of 175 Nm at 5 250 rpm.
- Low rear frame for reduced vehicle height, dropped passenger seat height (- 7 cm) and typical bagger look.
- Fixed side cases with a new compartment design, rear central cover and integrated light units in American styling.
- Chrome-plated parallel silencers with ribbed end caps.
- Folding rear mudguard for easy wheel removal.
- Effective wind and weather protection with wind deflectors stretched further back.
- Typical short bagger-style electrically adjustable windscreen.
- Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA with automatic damping adaptation and “Road” and “Cruise” damping modes as standard.
- Reverse assist for even simpler manoeuvrability (optional)
- Shift Assistant Pro for shifting up and down without clutch (optional)