German manufacturer BMW Motorrad is always thinking in new ways to improve its lineup, and this time the Munich based brand unveiled a host of new colors and features to be introduced in the 2019 bikes.
And the best part of this, is that BMW Motorrad says the new 2019 specification models will be available starting August, so you won’t need to wait for next year to start riding a new BMW bike.
The biggest news for the moment are the new paint schemes and graphics, as is also the installation as factory equipment of the adaptative braking lights.
So, here’s a list of the new features prepared by BMW Motorrad for its 2019 motorcycles
– factory installed turn signals that turn off automatically. Exceptions are C 650 Sport, C 650 GT, G 310 GS, G 310 R, F 800 R, F 800 GT, S 1000 RR and S 1000 R. Depending on road speed, various reset conditions apply with the new comfort turn indicators. Previously turn indicator deactivation was based on a fixed time or distance;
– Adaptative braking lights: all R nineT, F 750 GS y F 850 GS;
– BMW Connected App 1.6: new maps from Tom Tom and new winding route mode, and free map updates and downloads can be done for free (starting August);
– Side View Assist (blind spot technology) can be disengaged (C 650 GT);
– Optional lithium battery on the S 1000 RR, that weighs 2 kg less than the standard one;
– Reduced seat height to 750 mm on the K 1600 B and K 1600 Grand America;
– And new colors for most models like the R nine T.
Apart from these changes, BMW Motorrad will show completely new bikes next October at INTERMOT, Cologne, and for EICMA in Milan we will get even more new models.