Specifications, features and price details of the Aprilia RS 660 revealed! Here is everything you need to know about Aprilia’s new middleweight platform!
Aprilia first unveiled the RS 660 concept during ECIMA 2018. A year later, the production version of the Aprilia RS 660 was unveiled. Since then the Aprilia RS 660 has been one of the most anticipated bikes from the Italian manufacturer. Well, the wait is finally over! Aprilia just revealed the full detailed specification and pricing information of their new middleweight machine! Here is everything you need to know about Aprilia’s middleweight machine, RS 660!
Aprilia RS 660 Specification
To begin with the design, the Aprilia RS 660 closely follows up with the design cues of its bigger brother RSV4. Starting off with the front, the RS 660 gets its own triple LED headlights with DRLs. Double fairing up front with integrated aerodynamic features gives the middleweight machine an aggressive yet elegant look. Looking at Aprilia’s RS 660 from the side, the stunning sporty contemporary lines give the machine a sleek yet agile character.
Aprilia says the riding position has been carefully designed to ensure rider comfort and ideal weight distribution for the perfect ride. Aprilia has put in a lot of effort in developing the lightweight aluminium frame and balanced swingarm to deliver a truly dynamic riding experience. Aside from this, the saddles to footpegs and the clip-on handlebars were all designed to create a dynamic riding position to match the performance characteristics of the middleweight fighter.
In the case of the engine, the Aprilia RS 660 is powered by a 659 cc parallel twin-cylinder forward-facing, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled engine. Mated to a 6-speed gearbox (with Aprilia Quick Shift (AQS) up and down), the Aprilia RS 660 pushes 100 hp (73.5 kW) at 10500 rpm and a max torque of 67.0 Nm (6.83 kg) at 8500 rpm.
The RS 660 comes equipped with advanced multimap Cornering ABS which monitors parameters such as lateral acceleration, lean, pitch yaw and the pressure applied to the brake in order to adjust and provide the ideal deceleration and stability. This in turn maximizes safety on road without compromising performance.
Aside from this, the Aprilia RS 660 comes with a choice of five riding modes [Road and Track, 3 fixed and 2 customisable] to offer the best riding experience during weekend track days and daily commute.
The RS 660 packs Aprilia’s APRC ( Aprilia Performance Ride Control) which was originally developed for racing and was later fine-tuned for road use.
APRC ensures safety as well as improved performance on the track. With the help of six-axis navigation consisting of various sensors and gyroscopes, the system takes control of the status of the engine to ensure maximum performance and safety.
The APRC package includes :
– ATC: Aprilia Traction Control, adjustable traction control based on precise, high-performance operating logic.
– AWC: Aprilia Wheelie Control
– ACC: Aprilia Cruise Control which maintains your set speed without touching the throttle.
– AQS: Aprilia Quick Shift; an electronic gear system that enables extremely fast gear shifts without closing the throttle or using the clutch. It also includes a downshift function for changing down without touching the clutch. Also available as an optional extra is a software that enables you to implement a reverse shift pattern without having to substitute any parts.
– AEB: Aprilia Engine Brake, for controlling engine braking when closing the throttle down.
– AEM: Aprilia Engine Map, with a range of different maps that vary engine power output and character.
– ABS: with cornering functionality and 3 adjustable levels.
Suspension and Brakes
Suspension duties are done by Kayaba 41-mm stanchion fork (with adjustable spring preload and rebound damping) up front and adjustable mono-shock (in spring reload, rebound braking) at the rear.
Equipped with ABS and Multimap cornering ABS, 320mm double disc up front with Brembo radial calliper and a 220mm disc with Brembo calliper at the rear take care of braking.
Price and availability
Aprilia RS 660 Technical Specification