Ducati unveils the new 2021 Ducati SuperSport 950 during the third episode of the 2021 Ducati World Première web series.
Following the launch of the new Ducati Multistrada V4, XDiavel and Ducati Scrambler range, Ducati unveils the 2021 Ducati Supersport 950 and Ducati Panigale V4 SP on the 3rd episode of the Ducati World Première web series.
2021 Ducati SuperSport 950 Specification
Starting with the Ducati SuperSport 950, for 2021, the new SuperSport 950 gets major design and tech updates. The new SuperSport 950 closely follows the design of the Panigale V4 range. Upfront, the new full-LED headlights with Panigale V4 inspired DRLs, fins, and twin air intakes widen the view.
In general, Ducati has redesigned the fairings to further strengthen the sporty fluidity shape of the bike. As for the chassis, the SuperSport is built around a trellis frame and features the genetic single-sided swingarm just like earlier. However, weighing 184kg dry, compared to the ongoing model, the new 2021 Ducati Supersport 950 is slightly lighter.
The 2021 SuperSport 950 is powered by a Euro 5 compliant 937 cc Testastretta 11° twin-cylinder engine. Mated to a 6-speed gearbox, the SuperSport 950 pushes 110hp @ 9,000 rpm and 93 Nm of peak torque @ 6,500 rpm.
Braking and suspension
Speaking of the suspension, the standard SuperSport 950 comes equipped with multi-adjustable suspension system: Fully adjustable Marzocchi fork with 43mm diameter stanchions up front and an adjustable Sachs mono-shock at the rear. Braking duties are done via Brembo M4.32 callipers with twin 320mm disc up front and 245 mm diameter disc with a Brembo two-piston calliper at the rear. The new SuperSport 950 also get a set of lightweight three-spoke aluminium wheels wrapped around by Diablo Rosso 3 tyres as standard.
In the case of the electronics, the new SuperSport 950 is equipped with Bosh’s 6-axis IMU chipset which takes in charge of electronic controls. The electronic package on the SuperSport 950 consists of traction control, cornering ABS, wheelie control and electronic shifting. Aside from this, the SuperSport features 3 riding modes [Sport, touring and urban]. New for 2021, the SuperSport gets a 4.3-inch full-TFT display with Panigale inspired interface.
2021 Ducati SuperSport 950 Variants and Price
The SuperSport 950 is available in two models as before. The difference? Well, unlike the standard SuperSport 950, the Ducati Supersport 950 S is equipped with an adjustable Öhlins suspension set up and a passenger seat cover. [For more details, please refer to the specification summary below.]
The standard SuperSport 950 is only available in Ducati Red. However, the SuperSport 950 S comes in two colours: Ducati Red and Arctic White & Silk.
Ducati also announced that it would offer a SuperSport 950 depowered version. The availability? Ducati says the 2021 Ducati Supersport will be available in dealers starting February 2021. In the case of Malaysia; we think the SuperSport 950 would most likely land here by the first quarter of 2021.
Ducati SuperSport 950 range specification summary
- Ducati Red fairing with Ducati Red frame and Glossy Black wheel rims
- Main standard equipment
- 937 cc Testastretta 11° engine with 110 hp at 9,000 rpm and 93 Nm at 6,500 rpm
- Euro 5 approval (only for countries where Euro 5 regulation applies)
- 2-1-2 exhaust system with lower pre-silencer and side silencer with two overlapping outlets
- Trellis mainframe with load-bearing engine
- Rear trellis subframe
- Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- 3-spoke cast aluminium wheels with “Y” design
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres in sizes 120/70 ZR17 at the front and 180/55 ZR17 at the rear
- Fully adjustable Marzocchi fork with 43mm diameter stanchions
- Adjustable Sachs shock absorber
- Brembo front brake system with two 320 mm discs and M4.32 callipers
- Brembo PR18 / 19 self-bleeding radial front brake pump with adjustable lever
- Hydraulic clutch control with self-bleeding radial pump and adjustable lever
- Plexiglas adjustable in height in two positions with a range of 50 mm
- 3 Riding Modes (Sport, Touring, Urban)
- Full-LED headlight with Daytime Running Light (DRL)
- Full-TFT colour instrumentation
- Electronic package with 6-axis inertial platform including: Bosch Cornering ABS; Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO; Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO; Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up / down EVO
- Waterproof USB socket under the seat
- Ready for alarm, heated grips, and Ducati Multimedia System (DMS)
SuperSport 950 S
- Arctic White Silk fairing with Ducati Red frame and Glossy Black wheel rims with Ducati Red “tag”
- Ducati Red fairing with Ducati Red frame and Glossy Black wheel rims with Ducati Red “tag”
- Main standard equipment, same as SuperSport 950 except for:
- Fully adjustable Öhlins fork with 48 mm diameter stanchions and TiN treatment
- Fully adjustable Öhlins shock absorber
- Passenger seat cover
- Ducati Red “Tag” on wheel rims