Voxan Wattman bags the world’s fastest electric motorcycle title and sets a total of 11 new world speed records with Max Biaggi behind the wheel.
Max Biaggi and Monegasque electric motorcycle constructor, Voxan set a total eleven new world speed records at Châteauroux airfield in France over the course of 3 days from October 30th – 1st November 2020. The fastest speed the team achieved during their time at Châteauroux airfield was 408 km/h / 254 mph! The total of 11 records was set by Voxan Wattman’s semi and non-streamliner motorcycles.
SEMI-STREAMLINER WATTMAN – 366.94 KM/H (228.05 MPH)
On the 31st of October, the Semi-Streamliner Wattman with Max Biaggi behind the wheel hit a record speed of 366.94 km/h / 228.05 mph. This set a new world speed record in “partially streamlined electric motorcycle over 300 kilos” class and dethroned previous holders, Mobitec EV-02A and Ryuji Tsuruta; where they topped the record with their 329 km/h / 204 mph record speed.
Aside from this, Max and the team also recorded an instantaneous speed of whopping 408 km/h / 254 mph with Voxan kitted with its grey Sacha Lakic-designed fairings.
THE NON-STREAMLINED WATTMAN – 349.38 KM/H (217.14 MPH)
On the other hand, with the Non-streamlined Wattman, the team set a record speed of 349.38 km/h /217.14 mph (average of two recorded speeds) on the 30th of October 2020.
“When Gildo Pastor, the President of the Venturi Group, approached me about this project, I was curious, very motivated, and at the same time a little uncertain. Having said that, right after our first meeting; I quickly realised that, like Gildo, his teams were driven by an incredible belief and determination. They told me “we came close to 600 km/h (373 mph) on four wheels, and now we want to flirt with 400 km/h (249 mph) on two wheels, nothing’s going to stop us!” These records make me a happy man! I’m proud of the team and delighted to bring these titles back to Monaco!”
Besides these two records, over the course of 3 days, the team also set 9 other records as follows:
– ¼ mile, flying start, partially streamlined: 394.45 km/h (245.10 mph) – no previous record
– ¼ mile, flying start, non-streamlined: 357.19 km/h (221.95 mph) – no previous record
– 1 km, flying start, partially streamlined: 386.35 km/h (240.07 mph – previous record: 329.31 km/h (204.62 mph)
– ¼ mile, standing start, non-streamlined: 126.20 km/h (78.42 mph) – no previous record
– ¼ mile, standing start, partially streamlined: 127.30 km/h (79.10 mph) – previous record: 87.16 km/h (54.16 mph)
– 1 km, standing start, non-streamlined: 185.56 km/h (115.30 mph) – no previous record
– 1 km, standing start, partially streamlined: 191.84 km/h (119.20 mph) – previous record: 122.48 km/h (76.11 mph)
– 1 mile, standing start, non-streamlined: 222.82 km/h (138.45 mph) – no previous record
– 1 mile, standing start, partially streamlined: 225.01 km/h (139.81 mph) – no previous record
Source: Venturi – Voxan Motors