Honda’s newest CRF250R and CRF250RX are the “crown jewels” of the CRF off-road family, which won several championships last year.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for instant updates!
The latest CRF450R and CRF450RX updates have seen substantial suspension improvements, thus continuing in 2021 the “Best Bending Power” concept. Additionally, the CRF250R and CRF250RX have inherited several of the advances of the larger displacement models from the recent past, so that drivers of all levels will be able to enjoy a motorcycle that is even easier to control in the incessant search for shorter lap times.
This year’s 2022 CRF250R uses the frame and swingarm from the MXGP multi-winner 2021 model, the 2021 CRF450R, as well as a wide range of engine upgrades, a new 9-disc clutch, overhauls detailed in terms of suspension, and weighs less than 3 kg.
2022 HONDA CRF250R
Among the features of the 2022 models are extensive inlet and exhaust overhauls, which are now much more efficient. In addition to larger air filter boxes, angle fuel injectors, new valve timing, “descending and straight” exhaust ports, and a new, lighter, single-pan exhaust system.
In a revised gearbox, engine power passes through a new 9-disc clutch, which improves strength and feels (with a lighter lever action). Overall, these engine changes produce a 10% increase in peak power and an extra 15% torque in the mid-range. It improves top speed and traction in low and mid-range speeds.
The new frame and swingarm of the current CRF450R, the model that led Tim Gajser to win the MXGP championship two years in a row, 2019 and 2020, have been optimized in terms of the balance of stiffness and geometry, supported by new Showa suspensions with new valves, which improves the ability to turn, the maneuverability and the ability to ride. The cycling component is all new.
Using Computer Simulated Flow Dynamics (CFD) technology, the radiator caps are now constructed from a single piece of plastic and feature a bottom vent to improve airflow to this important component. The new seat is shorter, lighter, and 10mm lower at the rear, giving the rider greater freedom of movement.
2022 HONDA CRF250RX
2022 CRF250RX has been upgraded as well, but it has improved injection maps for improved enduro performance, a plastic tank holding 8 litres of fuel instead of the CRF250R’s 6.3 titanium tank, and aluminium grip guards, all standard.
The CRF250R and CRF250RX of 2022, together with the CRF150R, CRF125F, CRF110F, and CRF50F of smaller displacement, follow in the wake of the CRF450R and CRF450RX of 2021 and have a completely renewed graphic component in red.
Honda CRF250R and RX Features Summary
- The CRF250R and CRF250RX upgrades focus on increasing maximum cornering performance, easy handling, and getting the best lap times.
- Both models feature the frame of the MXGP multi-winner model, the 2021 CRF450R
- Cylinder head upgrades and increased intake and exhaust efficiency substantially improve low to mid-speed capacity and increase peak power by 10%
- The suspensions received an entirely new complement of valves, thus improving impact absorption, traction, and control.
- The new clutch, now with 9 discs, improves performance and resistance
- Lightweight cycling component
- 3 kg reduction in weight compared to the previous model
- Elegant off-road graphics, characteristic of the CRF family, now in a new red hue
22YM HONDA CRF250R
2022 HONDA CRF250RX